Friday, April 15, 2011

Read This! Inch Worm and a Half

Lorenzo and Morgan each read Inchworm and a Half by Elinor J. Pinczes.

Inchworm and A Half

Here are their write ups:

Hi! I'm Lorenzo and I read Inchworm and a Half which is about an inchworm who can't measure everything so he gets a 1/2 inchworm. They still can't measure everything, so they get a 1/3 inchworm. They can't measure everything so they get a 1/4 inchworm. Finally they can measure everything. I found it interesting that he didn't need a 1/5 inchworm becuase there are so many different sizes in a garden. The book teaches you about fractions and different sizes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This book teaches small children fractions and how to measure. It teaches you that you can split an inch into four, three, and two. The rhyming words get stuck in your head so you will remember the important things in measuring. The inchworm is measuring things with her body but she comes to some things she cannot measure. Then a smaller worm comes along and asks what's wrong. Shes says, "I canot measure a length it spoils my fun if a length cannot be done." The half inch worm explains, "I am half your size so I could do it." So they run along measuring fruits and they come to something the half inchworm cannot measure. Then a third inchworm comes along and says, "what's wrong?" "I cannot measure a fruit." "I am exactly a third of an inch So maybe I can measure the rest of it." The trip looped on measuring fruits and vegetables until they came to something even the third inchworm could not measure. "How very absurd! Not even one third." "Here maybe I can help. I am one fourth of an inch." So they kept on adding worms.

By: Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment